Monday, March 12, 2012

Meet Zoey

We just couldn't say no.


We had discussed last Friday that it would be fun to have a pet. Aaron loves snakes and I love cute things like bunnies and puppies so likewise we thought a turtle would be a great pet. It really doesn't make sense for several reasons:

1. I had a box turtle when I was younger. I got tired of feeding it so I stopped and eventually it died. 

Okay, that's the only real reason why I shouldn't be taking care of another turtle. In my defense, I was young, impressionable and never had a leopard tortoise. 
We headed to a pet store called "Snakes on Sunset". The very first thing that we saw was this cute thing bustin' a move. There were other tortoises, sure, but she was the cutest and incredibly mobile for such a small thing. Aaron and I both had that look in our eyes, the "I'm meeting my son/daughter for the first time" look and agreed that we had to have her.


5 comments:

  1. CUTE!! I love the coloring on its shell! Becca, you should have Aaron tell you about 'Mary' the box turtle we had as kids. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition to your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I can't wait to read the blog then when you meet your real first daughter or son! Lol I love your new little guy. Keep us posted... First poops, first noises, first escapes from the cage, etc. Esp document when you start to forget to feed him bec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoey Allred! I guess I will have to find cute baby turtle clothes :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh!!!! WHY have I not been reading your blog!? Probably cuz I am not blogging and feel guilty. This is SOO cute!! Oh my gosh you are SO motherly. That little turtle is the luckiest ever!!! Love you berka/daughter/friend!

    ReplyDelete